Palmyra Awarded $3.4 Million in Grants!
Palmyra was recently awarded its two largest grants ever from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and the New Jersey Economic Development Authority. The $3.4 million in funding will be used to complete the investigation of the contaminated properties in the Route 73 South Redevelopment Area including the former Drive-In Theater. The grant will also fund the clean-up of any munitions that may remain on the site from the 1940’s, when the area was used by the Frankford Arsenal to test recoilless rifles as well as remediation efforts on the remainder of the almost 200-acre site, which includes the eventual capping of the former landfill.
As directed by Mayor John Gural and Borough Council, the successful applications were developed by CGP&H, with technical assistance from the Borough’s environmental consultant, their name goes here. It is anticipated that the munitions investigation and clean-up will be completed before 2008.